Acupressure For Pain Relief in Labor:
Anyone can learn to touch in a therapeutic way. In this short class I will show you how to use acupoints to relieve pain and discomfort during labor. This class is designed for the pregnant woman and her partner.
Class will start with our observing an instructional video by Dr. Debra Betts, PhD, author of “The Essential Guide to Acupuncture in Pregnancy & Childbirth,” that will cover the following:
- Information about Acupressure and using Acupressure appropriately
- Advice for the labor partner
- How to find eight acupressure points, and using the points effectively during labor
- Baby in breech or posterior position and failure to progress
- Emotional stress during labour
- Nausea, after pains, breastfeeding, postnatal recovery and other problems during and after pregnancy
After viewing the video we will practice finding the points and using them on the pregnant woman.
See the Fees page for pricing.